HDS-LEE as a strong partner in the Rhineland cooperates with many graduate programs and research training groups of the Helmholtz centers or universities. Get to know all our partners here.
Helmholtz has founded the "Helmholtz Incubator" to tackle the opportunities and challenges arising from developments in the information and data sciences. The "Helmholtz Incubator" is a think tank with 40 high-ranking information and data scientists from all centers. Since 2016, they have been working together to develop ideas and strategies that benefit the entire Helmholtz Association - across research fields and centers.
Despite HDS-LEE, several Helmholtz Data Science graduate schools (HIDSS) were founded as part of the incubator activity. Their focus is quite diverse, from Marine Data Science to Health to Astronomy, Space & Planetary Research:
- Helmholtz School for Marine Data Science (MarDATA)
- Munich School for Data Science @ Helmholtz, TUM & LMU (MuDS)
- Helmholtz Information & Data Science School for Health (HIDSS4Health)
- Data Science in Hamburg – Helmholtz Graduate School for the Structure of Matter (DASHH)
- Helmholtz Einstein International Berlin Research School in Data Science (HEIBRiDS)
The overarching head of these graduate schools is Helmholtz Information & Data Science Academy (HIDA).
As part of the JARA Center for Simulation and Data Sciences (JARA-CSD), HDS-LEE strongly cooperates with the School for Simulation and Data Science (SSD) and further RWTH Aachen Graduate Schools:
- The Aachen Institute for Advanced Study in Computational Engineering Science (AICES)
- The International Research Training Group (IRTG) „Modern Inverse Problems: From Geometry and Data to Models and Applications“
Through its affiliation with FZJ, HDS-LEE cooperates closely with the following graduate schools:
- Structured Doctoral Support at Forschungszentrum Jülich (JuDocS)
- Helmholtz Interdisciplinary Doctoral Training in Energy and Climate Research (HITEC)
Another important partner is the University of Cologne with the Graduate Schools of the Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences.