HIDA Hackathon on Computer Vision
Introduction and Fundamentals of Machine Learning
The first day is dedicated to statistical machine learning methods such as linear regression and principal component analysis (PCA), taught through a mix of lectures and practical exercises.
The second day introduces neural networks, starting from perceptrons and moving to fully connected networks, with each concept explained in lectures, followed by hands-on tutorials. Depending on the level and time left, convolutional neural networks (CNNs) could also be covered.
The course is designed to build foundational knowledge in machine learning for those new to the field.
Time Series Analysis 2024
HDS-LEE Hackathon „Hearts Gym” 2024
Good Scientific Practice 2024
For more events, please have a look at HIDA and at the links below.
EXTERNAL SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
Have a look at our partners for further interesting data science workshops, seminars or training courses.
- SSD Seminar Series
- Charlemagne Distinguished Lecture Series
- EU Regional School
- CDS Workshops
- Training Courses at JSC
- Trainings & Workshops at Gauss Centre for Supercomputing
- PRACE Trainings
- Training courses in bioinformatics at de.NBI
TRANSFERABLE SKILLS TRAINING
The centers for continuing education at our partners offer a variety of different soft skill training courses.
- JuDocS (FZJ)
- Albertus Magnus Center (AMC; UoC)
- Center for Doctoral Studies (CDS; RWTH)
- Interdisciplinary Graduate and Research Academy Düsseldorf (iGRAD; Heinrich-Heine University)
- DLR graduate program (DLR)