Efficient literature search and management 2023
In the first part of the course, you will learn how to search the literature, that is relevant to you: systematically, automatically, and completely.
In the second part, you will learn how to manage and curate the found literature.
Part 1: How to perform systematic literature searches?
- Identifying the most important publications on a topic
- Gaining orientation within a research field and discovering connections
- Formulating complex search queries for literature databases
- Staying up to date with current research and setting up literature alerts
- Literature search for specific scientific disciplines in HDS-LEE
- Find research data for your topic
Part 2: How to manage and curate the found literature?
Organizing literature and knowledge
- Advantages of reference management software
- Structure your personal literature collection
- Managing different types of information like papers, figures, data, code
- Create bibliographies
Science Reading and Documentation
- Learn a quick way to identify the papers for your thesis
- Keep easily track of what you do with templates for documenting
Monica Gonzalez-Marquez (email@example.com)
Monika Hotze (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Ines Schmahl (email@example.com)