Good Scientific Practice 2024
Good Scientific Practice
The objective of our course „Good Scientific Practice“ is to familiarize young researchers with the basic rules and values of responsible conduct in research, according to regulations and guidelines. We will highlight the grey areas between good scientific practice, questionable research practice and scientific misconduct. Participants will learn how misconduct can be recognized and prevented, and will get to know the procedures to address and deal with suspicions of scientific misconduct.
- Familiarity with rules of good scientific practice and types of scientific misconduct
- Examples of responsible and irresponsible research conduct
- Relationships with other researchers and other employees
- Relationship with the boss, supervisor and doctoral supervisor
- Legal framework
- Authorship and the process of publication
- Data management
- Peer review for journals
- Conflict management: how to deal with scientific misconduct
Trainer: Prof. Alexander Mitsos
Please contact email@example.com if there are any questions.